Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Friends

Yesterday I hiked up Neff's Canyon with a friend, Christie. 
We sat in the choir next to each other. We used to see each other in spin class a few years ago and I asked if she was still spinning. She said she was hiking more often and invited me to go with her on Monday. My PT had just switched to Tuesday so it was perfect.
The snow was slippery enough that we used our crampons and poles.
Super fun to go somewhere new with a new friend.

And today, Mayreen, one of my best friends from Los Angeles was in town and spent the day with me. Marty and her son Alex were best friends from age 2 - 4 while we were in the ward.
She and I were in the Primary Presidency together with Yvonne and spent every summer Tuesday at the beach and Wednesday nights at the ward outdoor potluck and Thursday nights at choir practice. 
And of course lots of play dates.

Such good times before to be free to plan our days before the kids started school!

She took a turn on the climbing wall!
 I LOVED that she took the time to spend a day with me! It's not easy to see Utah friends when you live out of state because everyone has so much family to see and of course that takes priority. But she found time today and we had the best time catching up. She makes me laugh, is passionate and is so fun to be with!

She's a designer so she was raving about the house and every detail.
That was really fun for me too.



No comments: