Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Election Night -- Let's Get This Over With

Nick wants to stay up and watch who wins the election. Ugh! I wish I didn't have to turn it on at all, but Nick needed to watch for a class assignment and of course now I'm captivated.

What I really wish is that I could watch my new favorite show tonight -- "This Is Us" -- because I find it uplifting and intriguing and real. Unlike either presidential candidate. But I did mail in my ballot yesterday because I believe in voting and I am grateful for the freedoms we have in America. And now we wait.

In other news, yesterday I packed up two boxes. Trying to declutter some cupboards and bookshelves. (Do I have enough bookshelf space in the new house?!? Yikes! I hope so!)

Today I worked on my first 50 vocabulary words and made some good progress. Unfortunately, I'm concerned that after I close my eyes to sleep, my mind will be wiped clean and those words will be lost forever. Similarly to Drew Barrymore in 50 First Dates. parsimonious = frugal. But the opposite of prolifigate = prodigal. veracious, calumny, amorphous, amalgam, ambiguous, disinterested, equivocal, mercurial, anomalous, castigate, amenable, iconoclast.



No comments: