Monday, October 17, 2022

Adios Piedra Haven

Note to Selves: 
Take our guests on a tour of the property when we first ARRIVE, 
NOT at the very end of the trip!
Oh well, I don't think they cared that we got it backwards.

We also drove to Sally's Overlook -- the kids in the Ranger and the adults
in the LandCruiser.
While everyone enjoyed the view and stood much too close to the edge for my comfort,
I took pictures of the various evergreens growing nowhere near the cliff
and learned about the different species, putting my 5th grade Mill Hollow learning to the test. 
(Ponderosa Pines, Whitebark Pine, Western White Pine (needles Pliable), White fir (needles Flat),
Juniper (aka, Cypress). Ooo, I did remember a lot.






Another note to selves:
Bring friends in the fall so you have extra hands to put everything away for winter.
So fun to get to know the Raglands better, to hear about their experiences owning a few Great Harvest bakeries (it was their idea to make Cinnaburst in white bread!) and now 
professional-scale bee keepers, including TikTok experts to sell honey.

Will is constantly researching and exploring new ideas. He's introduced Nick to YouTube and TikTok experts in nutrition, politics and business. 
Have I disagreed with some of what they've learned? Yes.
But do I love their thirst for knowledge? Also yes. 
It's amazing to see your kids grow up, become informed and start thinking for themselves.
(... I guess they've been thinking for themselves for a long, long time,
but you know what I mean.)

No comments: