Tuesday, June 22, 2021

The Box, The Falls, and 31

This morning Dan and I hiked to the bridge through Box Canyon, then after breakfast went to the falls with the boys and one million other vacationers. I've never seen so many people up there.
Another hot day so the cold river was welcoming. I only got wet to my knees until we started hiking back and I was wishing I had gotten wet like the rest of the group. I ran down to the river and dunked in to cool off. So glad I did! Made the walk back much more comfortable. 









I've already read a lot on this trip! One of Lizzie's recommended children's books for her classroom (Wish) and two books that have been on my shelf for a while (News of the World and Midnight Library). 
It's not raining every afternoon like it often does here, but we still look forward to reading and napping each afternoon!


After dinner and a campfire, we played 31. Noah won and claimed the $20 offering from Dan.
They negotiated some WiFi time up at the new ranch even though it was after dark and they were gone for almost an hour last night and Dan went looking for them, concerned and then angry.

Once we discussed expectations, we sent them on their way tonight with the agreement they'd be back in 45 minutes. But 20 minutes later they were back. Someone mentioned skin walkers while they were sitting in the dark dark dark all by themselves in the middle of the woods so they freaked themselves out and came back early! 😂


No comments: