Sunday, June 27, 2021

First Day Jitters

 First day as Primary Chorister and by the end I was sweating buckets. Literally drenched.

The kids were darling and I'm excited to have this calling. Singing Primary songs is always a sure way to feel God's love. Primary is such a happy place!

I'm looking forward to getting to know the children in our neighborhood and ward by name and thinking of creative ways to teach new songs. I have a wonderful partner and it will be nice to share the responsibilities with someone. I already love her and admire her talent.

Saturday night I felt like I was preparing for my first day of work. I prepared my props all day and planned my outfit -- made more difficult by needing to wear a long skirt to hide the scabs on my knees and legs leftover from the Spartan! But for all my nerves, it actually went well and the time sped by (only one hour total!). Getting the first day behind me feels good because now I know what to expect for next time. 

I came home and made a playlist of the songs for the year. The whole family got to listen to them on repeat for several hours this afternoon. At one point the Soukup kids came over to play with Kershaw, and after I came inside, Dan complained, "I just listened to 'I Want to be a Missionary Now' at least five times in a row!" Ha! But I've got to work to learn the songs so I'm prepared to teach them! The whole Shaeffer family is going to get a Primary song review. 


No comments: