Friday, November 16, 2018

Fourth Time's A Charm

I've been to the Nutcracker three previous times...
Once on a date at BYU. It was impossible to not fall asleep.
Another time that left me with no memories except that I wasn't a fan of the Nutcracker.
I gave it a third try with the NYC ballet. The symphony was on strike so they had to use a recording.
And it was so boring I wanted to die.
After three attempts I gave myself the present of never feeling obligated to go again.
When Courtney wanted to see her friend performing, I paid a babysitter to take her.

Tonight three of our Young Women, who are incredible dancers, were performing in it. 
They dance most nights and can't come to our Wednesday activities because that's their family night.
So I wanted to go to them. Nick had a campout and Chris was with friends and Dan agreed to go with me for our date night.

...As long as I agreed to go to a Hot Pot restaurant he and Marty tried before Marty's mission. 
A little hole in the wall off of Center Street. It was Delicious!


The girls were The Sugar Plum Fairy and Dew Drop so we got to see their solos. 
They were fantastic! Dan and I were both stunned at how much we actually liked the Nutcracker!
We really did! Enough that we even agreed we'd like to see Ballet West's performance!


No comments: