Sunday, November 11, 2018

Piano Recital and Funny Mia Maids

Nick's piano recital was tonight! He practiced regularly and the last couple of days practiced his songs a ton! He did great and it was fun to see him perform! He hasn't had a recital in a really long time -- ever since he started Clarinet and Saxophone. I love his confidence and poise!


Today I taught in YW. I was sharing some heartfelt experiences I had over my life where I became converted. Yes, I was teary. I tried not to be because I know it can make teens uncomfortable.  But what can I say, I cry when I feel the spirit.

My class is full of impressive girls who listen, comment, put their phones away, care about each other and I love them. But it was pretty hilarious when in the middle of me sharing an emotional experience, the sweet girl sitting right next to me whispered to another girl across the room, "Where'd you buy your socks? They're so cute!"

And that's what it's like to teach teenagers.

No comments: