Tuesday, November 13, 2018

A Day With My Sister

You know one of the many lucky things I get to enjoy in my life? Lots of frequent flyer miles. So when Dan got a postcard about a real estate conference at University of Chicago, I said, "You should go to this and I'll go too and visit Michelle!"

I haven't seen their new house yet and I couldn't wait to go and just hang out for a day! I was literally counting down the weeks! It was fun to go for a quick overnight because it didn't require any planning nor too much interruption in the Paul's lives. (Especially since I slept in on Tuesday so Michelle could have plenty of time to work on a project she needed to do for Young Women's. That was nice of me to sleep in.

Chris was also super excited about being in charge for a couple of days!

I loved seeing her home. It's so light and bright and they are so talented at decorating and doing much of the remodel work themselves. They have big windows overlooking grassy yards, trees and a lake that the kids can paddle boat or fish in. It was idyllic!

Isaac made this adirondack chair in shop class! Wow! Quite a step up from a cutting board!

Such a happy, welcoming home!
Monday Dan and I arrived just before the kids got home from school. We hung out and chatted then went out to dinner and ice cream. Back at home, while the kids did their homework, we played "Psych" -- a super fun group game on your phone.

The app asks a question and everyone makes up an answer and types it into their own phone. The answers then show up anonymously on everyone's phone and you choose your favorite one. The person with the most likes wins. Get it? Now look at how coincidentally similar the answers were for the question about me!! This is why I love being with my family! They know me so well!



Dan took an Uber to his hotel in the city to sleep and go to the conference the next day. I stayed with Michelle and we took a long walk in her beautiful neighborhood and park with Oakley, their dog, who I'm trying to figure out how we can have him and Kershaw meet!

The yummy chocolatey drink Sheree taught to Michelle who taught it to me.
We got pedicures, but then we just ran errands around town and visited a couple of her friends whom I've heard all about for YEARS and have never met! I felt like I was meeting old friends! It was so fun. At 4:30 I took an uber back to the airport to meet Dan. And just like that we were home again!

If you grew up in the 70's, you know what an amazing thing this is!
Michelle found it and bought one to give to me and Ethan was super excited to remind her about it!


I love you, Michelle and the whole Paul family!!

No comments: