Sunday, August 19, 2018

Last Days of Summer

Nick had a burning ceremony in the backyard fire pit. 
All of last year's school notebooks went up in flames.
(Dan stood at the ready with the hose.)



Courtney went home today. Sad! I always hate having to say goodbye because its always so much fun when she's home. Makes our family complete. Well, of course we don't have Marty either. 
Miss these kids!

I taught my first YW lesson today and gave the same one for FHE. 
The most useful tool for going back to school is a testimony. We talked about how important it is to do the little things: Prayer, Scriptures, Church. I also read Sheree's Parable of the Token.
Her awesome experience of gaining a testimony and why we won't get one if we go about it half-heartedly. I even had a girl come up after and ask if she could have a copy of the story to share with a friend.

Also this deer came round for a snack.
I just opened the back door and said in the nicest voice possible,
"Those roses aren't for eating!" 
and it ran off.




No comments: