Saturday, August 04, 2018

Chris Comes Home!

Dan and Nick were out racing all day. I had my appt. with Dave this afternoon.

He listened to my change in symptoms (from bad to worse). Then took a few minutes to think. I appreciated that. He said, "I think your infection is gone. And now you're having chronic diarrhea and we need to address that directly. After taking Coptis for 2 (3) weeks, it will have killed the infection. Which makes sense for the timing with the change in symptoms." So I'm off the Coptis and now taking Red Raspberry Leaf. I came away feeling so hopeful. That light feeling you get when it just feels right. I asked if I should watch what I'm eating. I told him I already don't eat sugar. But should I avoid gluten. He said he didn't see any reason to.

I was so happy I had a salad for lunch. Which came right through. And then had two banana oatmeal muffins for dinner. Which came right through. Again and again and again. I was pretty miserable. But still hopeful that things would change.

The bright side of today is Chris came home!!! 


It was so fun to go to the airport with the 4 other families and excitedly wait! It was 10:30 at night so the airport was empty. Which I was glad about because it would be embarrassing to be so excited about welcoming home our HEFY kids after three weeks when other parents were welcoming home their missionaries who they hadn't seen in two years!

Christopher's friends all showed up to welcome them home too!







Chris, Luke, McKay and Jake had a wonderful time in Mozambique. They were so happy. (Also a little sick with colds.) And exhausted. In spite of that, Chris answered all our questions on the ride home, told us all about his trip, gave us souvenirs when we got home, and then hung out with his friends until after midnight. Glad to have him home! (I've missed having his friends over too!)



He also came home with a big gash in his head that had to be glued shut at the Portuguese Hospital in Mozambique. Two hours before their last work day ended, a kid lost his grip on his shovel and ended up nailing Chris in the head. 

Thank goodness for glue.




No comments: