Saturday, March 24, 2018

The Ointment is Magic I Tell You!


I was afraid of getting up on Friday morning because it hurts to put weight on my foot. And I told the kids and Dan I was sleeping in so Dad was in charge of breakfast and lunches (and taking Kershaw out). But when I got up at 8:30, my ankle didn't feel so bad! I could walk! It was still sore and had limited range of movement, but didn't hurt to bear weight like yesterday. Such a relief! I even did some weight lifting (while sitting).

Everyone needs WinterCrest. You use it instead of ice. I didn't have ANY bruising or swelling. Didn't need any ibuprofen. So if you didn't know me, you would think I was faking because there are no signs of a sprain. And it's healed really fast. I credit the ointment.

Way in the distance, Chris and friends enjoying some sun playing Spike Ball.

Nick had a campout this weekend. Dan and I saw Black Panther and ate at a new Indian restaurant. (Good food, good movie plot, but so violent! ugh!) Chris had a house full of friends as always.

Nick facing off. He did awesome!


Saturday Nick got back from his campout just in time for his first lacrosse game! It was so fun to be out watching sports on a Saturday afternoon. He got to do the faceoff most of the game and he did great. He's very aggressive on the field--not afraid to go after the ball or anyone carrying the ball. It's fun to see his competitive side.

We came home and did errands around the house and then Dan took Nick to baseball tryouts in the pouring rain.

At night Dan and I watched Get Out, which I've been dying to see but he hasn't. With the encouragement of Courtney and Chris that it was mostly suspenseful like Shutter Island, he gave in. It was very suspenseful and very thought-provoking. And VERY creepy. I couldn't get it out of my mind all night. Glad I didn't watch it alone!

Kershaw's pot full of toys.

No comments: