Friday, March 30, 2018

Phoenix Fun

We were so happy to get to be with Gram in her new home. She's such a fabulous hostess. I asked her if her own mother was, but she said No. She said she learned how to be a great hostess from some of her friends who did special things whenever she visited and she wanted to do the same.

After lunch, we went to the "Martin Auto Museum." I found it on Trip Advisor and figured it would be a fun activity. Everyone in this family enjoys cars. We never expected it to have such a large and beautiful collection as it did! It was really a fun stop!

At least 50 or 60 cars from every decade. All immaculately shined and restored. It was Mr. Martin's personal collection. Several were worth over several million each!


See this little paper with facts about this 1978 Corvette Sting Ray
Indianapolis 500 Pacer Car? Yeah, Dan knew that.

While I was reading it, Dan was telling me all the facts about it from afar. 
Without even reading the paper. That's why I knew everyone would like this museum.





After, Dan and the boys went to Marty's office and raced the slot cars. 
I went home with Gram to help prepare dinner. Marty and Erin were coming over that night.


And then we rounded out the night going to see "Ready Player One" at the movies.
I had started the book but simply could not continue. The 80's references that I thought I'd enjoy were too contrived and it drove me crazy. However, I thought the movie was really fun.

No comments: