Sunday, October 01, 2017

Conference Soup


I love Conference Sunday. I love that we can watch in the Family Room where it's light rather than in our old dungeon basement.  I loved that after Elder Callister's talk on the proofs of the Book of Mormon, Nick said, "That was a great talk!" I loved Elder Hallstrom's talk. It shed light on a question I've been struggling with and keep receiving little bits of truth as I've continued pondering and searching for answers... "Do we have the Faith NOT to be healed?" I loved Elder Zwick's talk of looking at others with the eyes of the Savior. And reminding us to look at the whole picture before giving counsel or making judgments.

I love watching conference with my journal -- taking notes of statements that jump out at me. I star comments I want to look at later. I make a note on the side of ideas for FHE lessons. I don't always refer back. Sadly, it's true. But the information is recorded for me when I look for it. And if I didn't have all the FHE lessons I hoped for on the topics that jumped out at me, in 6 months I can try again.


Conference Soup is our tradition we copied from the Lunt family. Michelle invited us all over when we were just married and made her mom's conference soup. We've had it every conference every since! I've sort of cheated in past years and used a tortilla soup base. I think I'll try something different for a base next time.

This Sunday, in addition to Aunt Marge, we had Kay and Chuck, JD, Clark and JD's friend (girl...friend!) join us. It was fantastic to gather around the dining room table with room for everyone to gather and talk. Alas, no photos!
SaveSave

No comments: