Monday, October 30, 2017

Monday Night Jazz Game

I love Mondays! I love getting the laundry done for the week. I love that my trainer comes and I get a good workout to start the week off right. I love that I have time on Mondays to get organized for the rest of the week!

Today I started a book I've been meaning to read: Max Lucado's No Wonder They Call Him the Savior. Lucado is the author of You Are Special and dozens of other books. This was his second book, written in 1986 when Lucado was only 31 years old. I found it on the bookshelf 2 weeks ago and inside found a note from Dad and Diane saying it was a favorite book of theirs and were gifting it to us for Christmas.

I took it and a couple of other books as displays for my last lesson in RS. The other books were C.S. Lewis' What Christian's Believe (another book with an inscription from my Dad to Courtney), and a biography of Mother Theresa, Something Beautiful for God. The lesson was on "Fellowship Those Not of our Faith" and part of my lesson was on how often people not of our faith are great examples to us. These authors emulate that principle.

I spent an hour reading today and cried in every chapter. The writing is conversational and so deep. Large font, short chapters, only 160 pages in total, all centered on the atonement and gift of the Savior. Very moving. I started it with the idea in the back of my head, "this is a book I want to read but I'm gearing myself up to do something hard." And it was the opposite. It's such an easy read but so personal that I didn't want to stop. Can't wait to get back upstairs tonight and start reading again in bed.

Nick and I carved pumpkins today after school. The good news about carving the day before Halloween is we don't have to worry about them going rotten!


And then for family night we went to the Jazz game! It was fun -- and very short compared to the marathon 5 hour and 45 minute, 10 inning Dodgers/Astros game on TV last night.
I am not in the photo because at this moment the 16-year-old was mad at me and I didn't want to rock the boat!
Happy Halloween!



No comments: