Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Favorite Things

I was just reading through my profile and noticing that some of my favorite things from 2006 when I started my blog are not necessarily my favorite things anymore. I still like many of them, but for instance, I haven't shopped with Amazon Grocery for quite some time. And yes, while that was a favorite thing when I had a baby and was PTA President and couldn't make it to the grocery store so had to rely on Winder Dairy delivery and Amazon Grocery to deliver food for my family, now I'm not so dependent on food delivery and therefore don't feel quite the same gratitude for Amazon Grocery as I did back then. I still think it's a convenient option, but I don't think it's a favorite anymore.

And the last few times I've gone swimming, I've gotten water in my ears -- in spite of wearing ear plugs -- and it's stayed there for a week. And it's so frustrating that I have no desire to go swimming again, ever.  I wonder if I'll ever like swimming again?

And I really like The Office. But I LOVE Modern Family (enough so that I added it to my profile just now).  And I haven't played Ms. Pac Man in a long time.  I really, really like Thai Siam and Bombay House...but are they my favorites?  Do I have a favorite restaurant? I think it disturbs me that I don't.  I need a favorite.

I do love riding my bike. I hope to love it even more now that I can breathe again. And I hope to love running again. And I think I do love Real Simple magazine, although I let my subscription expire. I also love the mag "Clean Eating." I don't think I love it more than Real Simple though.

I think I'm falling in love with Shellac nails. I had a dream that the polish chipped and peeled off just like every other manicure and I was pretty disappointed.  But so happy when I woke up and realized it was just a dream!

I will have to think about my favorites this week and decide what my new favorites are.

No comments: