Saturday, July 03, 2021

Happy 2nd and 3rd of July

Last night we went to Deer Valley with Rigby's for the 
Patriotic Celebration with the Utah Symphony.



What a beautiful evening -- a little bit of heaven in the mountains, listening to good music with good friends, eating good food. I LOVE when they played the songs for each branch of the military and members stood up so we could acknowledge them.
We really missed the cannon fire at the end. Was it cancelled because of the drought?


Tonight was Utah's celebration of the 4th (not on Sunday).
Dan and I started with a great bike ride up Emigration, but not all the way up because it was very hot and we felt a little spent by the time we got to the zoo. 
We turned around at the fire station and were glad we did.

BUT... !!! ...
When we got home, I hung my bike up and you know when you're dehydrated and everything goes dark when you stand up?! That happened to me, so I was holding on to my bike saying, "ugh, everything is going dark. I need to drink water" and the next thing I knew my arm was caught in a vice. 

I said, "My arm's stuck," but realized it was Dan holding on to my arm. 
And that's because I PASSED OUT!!! 
STANDING, HOLDING ON TO MY BIKE!
Dan saved my life! 
Well, saved me from toppling over, but it felt as important as saving my life!

We didn't really put the whole thing together until inside and I'd had a drink and we were talking.
I said, "I think I passed out." And he agreed. He grabbed me because I looked woozy.
But I don't remember anything beginning from him standing 10 feet away with his bike.
I missed him coming over and starting to hang his bike up, then noticing me start to sway,
and them him grabbing my arm.

I just suddenly couldn't figure out why I couldn't move my arm and then realized it was because he was standing next to me and my arm was in his grip clenched against his handlebars. 
It was VERY EXCITING!

We spent the afternoon at the pool with Marty and Lizzie,
(me finalizing my singing time lesson plan on my phone (thanks Pinterest) and in my head).

Then had a delicious BBQ at the Rosen's with Lizzie's hilarious uncle and aunt and her cousin.
Played Nerts and Scum then lit off fireworks. 





As it started to get dark, Dan and I rushed home to watch the Holladay fireworks 
thinking we may hook up with Nick.
But Nick and friends had other plans. We should have stayed at the Rosen's.
But we still had fun sitting on a curb with lots of other strangers enjoying the celebration!
(And riding the Vespa over together.)
I'm so grateful to be an American!



No comments: