Thursday, July 08, 2021

Good Ol' Days

I had a very successful writing day yesterday and today. Go me!

Dan is golfing back east somewhere (humidity, ugh!).
Lizzie's also in the east visiting her brother and sister-in-law.

Marty had friends over after work for Spikeball and swimming, wings for dinner,
then board games and a sleepover. Just like old times!
(Although they all headed to bed at 11:00 so they could be up in time for early work.
A scenario much better than the old times of me storming down to the basement at 2:00 a.m. or even 4:00 a.m. and being so bugged that they were still playing video games. 
I think I should also mention that that particular scenario improved when we had the discussion of 
"on occasion we just want to play all night long" which made sense to me so I could reframe those 
all-nighters as "once in a while fun" instead of 
"parent neglect possibly permanently affecting their future.")

Nick had the last two days off work so got a couple of lazy summer days,
which he spent with friends, but also cleaning and organizing his room 
and doing laundry without even being asked.



I zipped up to the Food Trucks for dinner for an Acai bowl that I didn't have to make myself.
It was delicious and I'm glad I did. 
But check out baggy jeans and Dr. Maarten sandals back in style! What?! 
Bekah, Rachel and Sheree glory days!
(Courtney and Marty had knock-off pairs too when they were Liiiitttttle.


No comments: