Wednesday, July 07, 2021

Cheerleaders

 Last week my mom and I were texting about a disappointment I had. 
She said, 
"Anytime we do something new, it is so nice to feel like everyone is pulling for us and not judging." 

I'd been trying to sum up my feelings and that was exactly it. 
I said, "That's exactly it. I want someone pulling for me and cheering me on."

When someone is cheering for us, we know they trust us to do a good job. 
That doesn't mean we've perfected new skills right away. 
They trust us to learn and improve and do a pretty good job along the way 
and they believe we'll nail it before too long.

Within the next few days of that conversation, I heard the expression 
"cheering us on" in two separate podcasts and a third time from an acquaintance in a short chat.

I'm grateful for my cheerleaders!

No comments: