Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Youngest Child Holidays

Well, St. Patrick's Day morning came and went and none of us remembered.
I was worried that Nick might feel bad--yeah, I know he's 16, but still--youngest child problems. 
So when my sisters texted their leprechaun shenanigans, and I realized we'd overlooked the "holiday"
 I ran to the store to redeem my sad mothering with a fun after-school treat basket.

 All the on-top-of-it moms beat me to the Lucky Charms.


But in the end it turned out cute.
And even though Nick said he'd forgotten it was St. Patrick's Day before he left to school,
he had a huge smile on his face when I told him the basket was for him.
Said it was way better than green pancakes.


And you know what, I'm so relieved to not have to live under the pressure of
"on-top-of-it-mom" expectations any more!!

No comments: