Monday, March 15, 2021

Pesqueira

So fun talking to Chris again today.
His stomach is feeling much better and he thinks he's on the mend. 
His Spanish is improving -- his companion says his accent is good, he's just lost some vocabulary.

In an effort to understand the scriptures in a more personal way, 
he's keeping a scripture journal (in Spanish) of feelings he's had while reading. 

He said my advice was pretty accurate (wisdom passed down from my mom): 
It takes about two weeks to hurt less when you're homesick (or breaking up with someone),
and he's starting to feel more at home in Mexico (again).

Also what helped is he got a motivating meme from Luke about staying strong.
One of those things was exercise, and he realized he hadn't exercised since he'd been back.
They have an old bar and weights that is super heavy and he was able to really work hard
and he reports it felt sooo good and lifted his mood significantly.

I wish I would have thought to tell him about exercising ... my mom always says that too.
But, maybe its more meaningful coming from Luke.
Or having someone else in your life looking out for you, caring about you and wanting to pump you up!

I asked how teaching was going and he said, "oh, yeah, let me send you a picture!"
This 11-year-old boy wanted to be baptized and his family are all taking the discussions too!


No comments: