Wednesday, February 12, 2020

The Little Things...

Sunday morning we streamed a live YouTube of Simone's
National climbing competition in Oregon.
Wow! This isn't your ordinary bouldering wall! She took 9th! In the Nation!

Monday is laundry day and my cute sweater that smelled like Bonsai snuck into the dryer.
I'm so irresponsible about remembering to pull things out of the wash that shouldn't be dried.
I know I should just give them their own cycle. You'd think I'd have learned by now.
It's shrunken and tiny now. Goodbye cute sweater.

 

I've been wondering this for two weeks:
Are these "Amazin'" Prunes, or
"Amazon" Prunes?


(Are you also wondering why someone as young as me is buying prunes?)

Clara and I ran my car through the car wash on Tuesday.
Seriously, you're never too old to get a kick out of the carwash.
She was feeling pretty tired and was ready for me to take her home.
I said, my car needs a wash. Shall I take you home first, or would you like to go through with me?
Clara: Oh! Let's do the car wash!

This morning as I walked around the trees on poop duty, I saw this sweet bud.
 Can you believe it?! Signs of Spring!!


Tonight for Young Women's the artist, Amber Eldredge, came and spoke to us.
She is young and darling and her career is just taking off. 
Our YW President was so impressed with her when she met to purchase a print in January,
she asked if she would come and speak to our group.
It was phenomenal and exactly what many in our group needed to hear.

The following painting is of Our Heavenly Parents and Us.



2 comments:

LifeOfARealMom said...

Prunes! Good question! and GOOD idea!
The car wash - oh sweet Clara. Actually that photo of your windshield would be a cool painting.
Climbing... MAN! I have never seen a climbing wall like that! 9th in the NATION! WOW!
Spring. Ahhh! Now that is a beautiful sight. What a sweet photo - again, it would be a cool painting.
And the young artist: I LOVE THIS picture of Heavenly Father with us. YES! She does have a bright future ahead of her, doesn't she?! Maybe she could paint the modern scene of your windshield or the still life of budding spring. Or maybe I SHOULD. Another GOOD idea!

Angela said...

Paint budding spring!!!