Sunday, February 23, 2020

Nick's Eagle Court of Honor


What a fantastic evening celebrating Nick and eight more of his troop who were 
presented with their Eagle Scout awards and introduced "into the nest." 
I love what my boys got to learn in scouting and all the fun they got to have while they worked hard.
I appreciate so much the men who mentored them. 
A scoutmaster and assistants are usually the best of the best...
They have to have a full bag of skills and personality to work with ten 12 and 13-year-old boys.
Encouraging them on 50 milers, taking endless weekends out of their lives to spend
camping with the boys -- not to mention every Wednesday night.
Making sure they're teaching a prescribed set of skills at the same time.
They have to be fun and funny, relaxed, yet able to be strict in order to keep the kids safe 
or get too crazy as a group of boys might tend to be. 
They have to teach with patience and love.
They are true super stars. I am grateful.



Nick gave me the mentor pin. :-) 




I loved seeing Dan and Marty up in the Eagle's nest with Nick.
It made me really proud that they all accomplished this achievement!




The boys with their leaders: Clark, Eric and John. Floyd, who made Jamboree happen.


I wish I'd taken a photo of Nick with all those that came to support him -- 
Mom and Dad, Marty and Lizzie, Aunt Marge and Kristin, Duncan and Curtis.
It's not often we have extended family at special events.
Have I said how much I love that they live here!

1 comment:

LifeOfARealMom said...

I am beaming, Angela! Last night was SO cool! These pictures are fantastic!!! Extended family is unbeatable! LOVE!!!
AND - I must say, Nick called it right to give the mentor pin to you! You are such an awesome mom. You are organized and steady. You know what to say and are always there for him. I am continually impressed with how well you manage so many details. Encouraging a young man through the scouting years is no easy task, as I have found out for myself.
You are one of my mentors too. Way to go!