Saturday, February 08, 2020

Brownie Pudding Cake

We had dinner with our neighbors tonight and I brought dessert.
In all my years of whipping cream, I never knew that the whisk attachment whips it 
SO MUCH FASTER than the beaters. I made the discovery up at youth conference.
Today confirmed it. Mind blown.


Kristin and Duncan are doing "no sugar." Dan and I decided to start too. 
Time to be more responsible in eating.
For dessert tonight I made a chocolate brownie pudding cake with strawberries and cream.
I made the cake with maple syrup (and the whip cream as well.)
It was good in combination with the strawberries, but the flavor was "a little hollow." 
It would be fun to experiment to see how to improve the recipe. 
I said that about the brownies I made last summer and I never did work on it. 

(I linked a bhg recipe, but the amounts have been adjusted from the cookbook recipe. 
I'll have to try it and see how it compares.)

1 comment:

LifeOfARealMom said...

No sugar is HARD! I failed this weekend, which included Valentine's Day. I will blame it on my mom for making AND SENDING FROM ARIZONA, my annual valentine sugar cookie! Thanks Mom! AND I also blame my amazing sister Janet, who made her famous ginger snaps, Nutella cookies AND sugar cookies for our visit yesterday. I even told her that I am off sugar, so she made them for Curtis, but I COULDN'T RESIST. It is all their fault. ;)