Sunday, February 02, 2020

Super Bowl LIV Party

At church I asked my friend if Nick could come watch the SuperBowl at her house this afternoon, but by 3:30 as my meeting was ending, Nick called to let me know he'd invited a bunch of friends over to watch the game. Oh brother. I'm tired.

When I got home he had loaded the dishwasher, wiped down the counters and was making quesadillas which he planned to cut into 8ths and serve with beans and cheese. He'd found sodas leftover from a recent YW event and also planned to bake the rest of the taquitos from Chris' farewell. Well, how could I not get excited about this party?

I chopped up veggies, meat, and cheese for a veggie tray. Nick got out some crackers and his buddies brought chips, cookies and queso.


I was cheering for the Chiefs and Andy Reid. I'd read an article about him and his friendship with LaVell Edwards and that sealed the deal for me. Also my friend in our ward's brother is a special teams coach. Oh, and BYU alum and assistant coach, Porter Ellett. I'd been so inspired by his story about losing his arm and rising above the challenge that I shared it with Nick and Chris last year.


Victory!

No comments: