Monday, February 03, 2020

Snow Day!!


At 6:00 a.m. I got texts and electronic phone calls from the school district alerting us that because of the storm, school was starting two hours late. Yay!!

I texted Nick so he could see it when he woke up and go back to sleep. 
But at 7:00 I heard thumping around and then got a phone call from Nick.
Could I come down and move the Tesla? He was going to plow the driveway.



Good job, Nick! 
I went back to bed until 8:30. School still wasn't cancelled but every other district was.
However, given that UDOT had asked drivers to stay home, that it was supposed to snow all day, 
and picking up at the end of school could be equally difficult,
I told Nick he could stay home. He was excited! 
Everyone else we knew stayed home too.
He texted a friend who did go to school but left early because "no one" was there.

(Our district has a policy their buildings will always be open for kids who might need a warm place to be and who need lunch, but if we feel unsafe sending our kids, they won't be marked absent.)

Nick shoveled the walk too.


That little brown speck that Kershaw is looking at is the 12" ruler.


I put my warm pajamas on and turned on Call the Midwife and 
watched for THE ENTIRE DAY!
It was awesome! 

While it was a blizzard outside al day, I felt like I was getting a warm hug from the midwives --
and of course cried in every single episode. I watched the entire Season 6.
I might start talking with a british accent.




By the evening, the roads were plowed and Nick went to lacrosse practice. 
I had my young women's presidency meeting at 8:30 p.m. so I left before he got home.
But the day was absolutely perfect!

No comments: