Saturday, February 15, 2020

Snorkel, Wedding Planning and Golf



Another beautiful walk this morning and we made it all the way to the new resort in Makena.

So much love on this trip!


Michael and Courtney ran 11 miles! 
They're so dedicated in their training for a half marathon in March!


After another fruit salad and feast for breakfast,
and some homework and online quizzes for Marty and Lizzie,
we decided to all go snorkeling.

I can't get enough of how cute these kids all are!


Check out how yesterday I put sunscreen on my shoulders so I wouldn't get burned.
I'm not sure why my brain decided that the rest of me didn't need sunscreen.
It's like every time I go in the sun I don't actually believe I can get burned!

It faded fast and didn't hurt at all.
I don't have any photos to document our excursion because, well you know, water.
But we saw lots of turtles! 
First one down on the floor of the ocean. Then Nick saw 
"either a barracuda or a needle fish!"
We followed him to find it, but ran into three turtles instead!

On the swim back Courtney literally almost ran into a massive turtle.

After lunch, the boys went golfing and the girls hung out on the lounge chair and talked about everything wedding. It's so fun to have both Courtney and Lizzie planning at the same time!
We flipped through a wedding magazine Courtney had brought and talked about traditions they planned on keeping and ones they didn't care about. Do you throw your bouquet? Yes.
Do you have a garter that the groom takes off? Resounding NO.
Shove cake in each other's mouths. Yes.
Also ideas for flowers, bridesmaids dresses, tents, music, etc.

Nick looking fly in his golf shirt. He and Dad won Michael and Marty.


Coconuts for fish tacos for dinner.
And the end of another great day.
We've been so tired we've gone to bed at 9:00 the last two nights. 
I can't speak for the couples, however. I think they have lots and lots to talk about.

Me and Michael match! (Hard to tell but my shirt is black and white striped too!)

No comments: