Sunday, March 03, 2024

Simply Sunday

Thundersnow yesterday afternoon brought us a beautiful blanket of snow.
I've been short-changed this winter, with a lack of really good snowstorms
(we were in Hawaii in January for the first/only good one)
so this filled my snow bucket and I can appreciate Spring when she comes.


Yesterday morning I was enjoying a new Billy Collins poetry book 
in the same place but a completely different view.


I spent the morning prepping for our Relief Society Activity on March 19th right after I get home.
I cut pages and pages of scrapbook paper down to size to cover composition books and make them into journals for an organization that donates to shelters giving support and love to people escaping violent situations. They give every person who arrives a journal to use in therapy and support every shelter in Utah. They use 7,000 journals a year. We're making 100 in our relief society.

25 years ago Rachel convinced me to buy the industrial paper cutter,
 and it's probably the most used tool I've owned!

I cut and cut with Mormon Tab and Sunday music in the background,
which was a lovely way to work on a project and feel a peaceful Sunday spirit.

Just as I was going to get dressed for church, two Deacons rang the doorbell and I was surprised they collected fast offerings in the middle of the month. Imagine my surprise when I arrived at church and discovered it was Testimony Meeting and a Fast Sunday at the beginning of March and I thought we were still mid-February!

More cutting in the afternoon. I made myself a real dinner for one. 
(From a recipe I used way back when I was only cooking for two, 
and here we are again.)
And I finished the evening watching President Nelson's talk on Being a Peacemaker.

***

Dan raced in Birmingham yesterday and their team had a great finish (5th place?)
 in a competitive field. He also accomplished his goal of double-stinting!

No comments: