Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Sebring, Florida

Yesterday was a long travel day with a 3.5 hour flight to Orlando,
a two hour wait in the Delta Club for Nick's flight to arrive from SLC,
then a two hour drive to Sebring. 

Our little AirBnB is only ten minutes from the track and on a beautiful lake,
quiet, picturesque and full of alligators. 
Well, I'm not actually sure that its full of alligators, but we're in Florida,
so I'm assuming.


The boys had an early morning and full day at the track for 
driver's meetings, practice and qualifications.
I spent the day trying to enjoy the lovely surroundings,
but jumping at every splash and rustle.

I exercised, queried two more agents, did a little more research, and listened to my book.


We met up for dinner at Outback Steakhouse (Nick's choice)
and ordered the Bloomin' Onion (my choice).

Dan texted the home owner and found out there indeed are alligators in the lake.
One. A baby. That hangs out on the deck stairs. 
The mom came from a lake six miles away and laid an egg last year.
I have so many questions. 
Like...does she ever come for a visit?

No comments: