Monday, February 08, 2021

Dreamy

This morning as I knelt by my bed to pray, this view reminded me 
of the view while kneeling by my bed at Wander Lane. 
Sun lighting the mountain across the valley there, sun lighting the mountain across the ocean here.
My spirit was always moved as it recognized God in the light in my old room,
and as soon as I knelt here, it was so familiar, I was overcome with emotion and gratitude.

In the temple I feel something eternal during the veil ceremony. 
The promises are more than my brain can comprehend -- but the way I feel, I know my spirit is recognizing God and truth and things of an eternal nature. 
The view this morning resonated with my soul in the same way.
I was overcome with love and gratitude. All because I chose to kneel and pray.



After my workout (outside on the deck with the ocean and palm trees!),
Nick, Lizzie, Marty and Dan were working or doing online school.
But Michael and Courtney had the day off. Michael was riding 15 miles around the north end of Maui
to Lorraines, (a banana bread and shave ice stop off), so Courtney and I were meeting him there.


It's not a bad place to charge your computer and get work done!



Green, green, green


Even though it was only 15 miles, it took 45 minutes to drive. Slow-going with all the hairpin turns.
The road was windy, and the views were incredible!


As we neared Lorraines, the road became one-lane.


And goats darted in front of us.


And ducks.
It was a little nerve-wracking, 


but pretty soon we were there. And Michael had arrived just before us.


Lorraine grew the bananas for the MOST DELICIOUS BREAD
right on her property. Also the coconuts for shaved, sweetened coconut chips.
Also papaya, mango, and kumquats. It's the property she grew up on.
Her family grew Taro, but she didn't want to to that, so she switched to 
shave ice and banana bread.
(And then lots of copycats cropped up.)




We loved sitting in her backyard overlooking the view and feasting on bread.
And hearing all about Michael's ride.


When it was time to head back, we ran into a couple of cars on the one-lane road. 
One car we noticed a ways off, so we pulled to the side and waited. Then another car did the same for us.


Not an easy ride! 15 miles (one-way) with 3000 ft of elevation 
(but only 400 feet of altitude gain!)







We think this was the Nakalele blow hole. But its possible it was a different one!






"Down the Hatch" for dinner in Lahaina. 
Dan and I waited at the bar for our food to be ready 
listening to great music and karaoke from the live band.


Our group was too big to eat at their outside dining area,
so we ate across the street at the park, home of the giant Banyan tree.
(So many trees, all from the same tree!)



No comments: