Saturday, December 08, 2018

Spiced Nuts Neighbor Goodies

Did I mention the amaryllis fiasco? For several years I've bought amaryllis bulbs (in pots) from Home Depot for neighbor gifts. On Black Friday they're $5 and I love watching them grow all month long! 
This year I bought my plants, but when I got them ready to gift, I noticed that they'd already begun to sprout and flower! They were sickly and smashed (because they were blooming in a box with no dirt, sun or water). Home Depot was great about refunding my money.

So I decided to make spiced nuts again.
I'd hoped to add chocolate covered pretzels, but the kind I like (in the big bags from Costco) 
were all sold out. So I decided to make those too.

80 cups of pecans, almonds and cashews. 
Maple syrup, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt. 
Roasted in the oven.

Everything I needed. (Not Kale.)

Nick helping drizzle chocolate on the pretzels.

The first of three batches.

One batch cooling.
Gift bags ready to go. 

What is not shown is the incredible mess that was created!
Thanks to Nick for cutting the ribbons too. And for complimenting the nuts -- he loved them!

The deliveries to 40 neighbors only took about 45 minutes. We were speedy!
I love giving neighbor gifts and gifts to the people who help our family.
AND I love getting surprises on my own doorstep!

Earlier in the day Nick went out to play with Kershaw.
When he discovered the snow was packed on the tennis ball he was tossing,
he realized it was perfect snowman snow!




1 comment:

Rachel Pip said...

Oh love these photos with nick helping and his sick snowman skills!!! Please share with my boys while we’re visiting and I love your spiced nuts!!