Friday, December 07, 2018

Project Time

Dan and Chris and his 10 friends left at 4:45 this morning to go to Hawaii!
Sort of an early Senior Trip (because of Marty's trip to Peru with 2 friends his senior year).
This is the nicest, funniest and creativeist group of boys! We love them!


I couldn't fall back to sleep after they left, so I headed up to work on one of my projects while they're gone... sorting through all the photos, photo boxes and photo albums. Getting rid of duplicates and uglies. Organizing by date. Then digitizing so I can make photo books.

I also cleaned out several kitchen drawers and cupboards and between them and stuff from my office I don't use anymore, I've got four boxes to donate to Savers.

I also moved the double bookshelf in the background 8" so it was more centered on the wall. It was a HUGE challenge, but was going to drive me crazy until I fixed it. 
I couldn't get leverage so had to scoot the couch in front of the end table and the desk in front of the couch so I could push against them while pushing the bookshelf. About 2" at a time, but I did it!


 I tried to take a nap, but I had 12:30 carpool pickup. Then the postman rang the doorbell and needed me to sign for a package. Then Tina came to water the plants. I ended up reading with three 10-minute snoozes in-between doorbells. But that wreath on the window sure makes my room festive!


Nick brought four friends home from school and they hung out all afternoon
 (and in fact are just going home right now, at 10:30 p.m.). 
I picked up Meier's Chicken for dinner (old time's sake) and after we finished eating, 
we had two Christmas gifts on the doorstep -- homemade chocolates and fudge.

So I watched The Good Place and Will & Grace and ate fudge. 
Happy Holidays!


No comments: