Thursday, February 08, 2018

Hiking and Hiking

Have I ever documented the stairs that begin the hike to Mt. Olympus? I wrote a scene from this spot for my class. I rarely hike on Saturdays, but it was the perfect spot to be outside and get a quick workout. Because I've been strolling too much when I walk.

Monday I debated if I should meet Christie's group to hike, because I was soooo tempted to go back to bed! But I committed and I'm glad I did. Everyone else cancelled so it was just her and me. We hiked to the top of Desolation in Millcreek. KT and I often hiked on that trail but missed the turn off to the top and ended up doing a quick, short loop instead. So it was fun to learn something knew with Christie. It was a good thing we had our poles and cramp-ons. The trail was super icy and snowy but you have so much traction you don't even notice. It's amazing how helpful the simple idea of cramp-ons are!

This week Jacob came and stayed while his parents were in Ecuador. I took him to school and home from the bus stop. He's such a cutie and was fun to have around. Showers two times a day! That was something new!






No comments: