Sunday, December 10, 2017

Rachel Comes but I Get Sick

Rachel, Dylan and baby Reese came to stay!! And she brought my mom with her to help on the plane (kids these days)! She was coming for the Cottonwood Res work party which has been one of the fun bonuses of Jeremy working with Dan.

They got in late but still I was excited to show them around the house. And then we talked. And talked some more and before we knew it it was 1:00 a.m. And then I didn't get to sleep until 2:00. I need to not do this anymore! I paid the price in exhaustion the entire next day.

Thursday Sheree drove up and we all hung out in the family room talking and playing with Reese and Dylan. We were literally in our pajamas all day until at 2:00 Rachel said what everyone was thinking -- that we needed food. We threw on clothes and picked up sandwiches from Great Harvest. I actually should have stayed in my pajamas because I ran into 4 of my good friends in that 15 minute stop and if I were in pajamas that would have explained better why I looked like I'd just rolled out of bed. But instead I'm sure it was just confusing to all. "Dressed. But very unkempt. I wonder what's going on?"
Kidding. I'm sure I'm the only one who noticed or cared.

We had a great casual day and then went to the work party in the evening. (At the U Football Stadium Boxes.) I ended up only visiting with people I already knew. It actually made it more fun for me!

Friday I woke up and realized I was starting to get sick. Headache and achy and flushing. Everything I drank was going right through me. That night we had The Piano Guys concert with Diane and were planning to get dinner before with Rachel and Jeremy. Fortunately after a nap, I was feeling better and had a great night out with everyone.

But Saturday I was still unwell. That night we were able to get our Christmas Tree so that was good (keeping on the Christmas schedule) but unfortunately an hour after getting it into the water, we realized there was a crack in the stand and we had flooded the floor. We transferred stands but all we had was one for the extra tall and big trees so our tree tilted to the side. Not a permanent solution, but funny nonetheless.



Morgan had come to stay for the weekend and I was excited to go to church with her the next morning, but when I woke up, I was sicker than ever.  Raging headache, whole body achy and so dizzy.


I stayed in bed all morning and all afternoon. I was able to rally in the evening and steal Morgan and her roommate and get them to help me wrap sub-for-santa gifts. And also take Christopher's Annual Christmas Card photos. But not much else.

I hate being a bum. The saddest part is I couldn't hold Reese any more. (I was sick for so many days, I wondered if I had the flu. Didn't want to expose a baby to whatever it was.) But I did get to be in the same room with her and she is so smiley and happy! Both Bekah and Rachel's girls ALWAYS smile! So cute!!











No comments: