Friday, January 11, 2013

Snow Day!

We had a huge snowstorm Thursday night and woke up to 18 inches of snow! 
Nick's school got cancelled -- yea for snow days! 
Dan was out of town and Courtney and Marty leave early to get to school 
so it was up to Chris, Nick and I to plow the driveway. 
Chris is great at using the blower, but there was so much snow it was pretty hard. 
Nick and I shoveled to help out.


Nick and Grant go to school together and he lives in the neighborhood 
so Nick had a friend to play that day while everyone else was in school!

Later that day after Chris left to school I tried to start the snowblower again because we had more snow. I couldn't get it started. 

I have a problem with pull-start machines. When I was in 5th grade and small and scrawny my parents went to Israel for a month and I was in charge of mowing the lawn while they were gone. As much as I tried I could never start the mower myself. So I'd go next door and ask the neighbor-man if he could start it for me. He did but he always seemed a bit grumpy about it.  

I seriously have an inferiority complex when I come up against these machines. I tried pulling that darn string again and again but within seconds I felt like I was 10 again and the snowblower would never start.  Could it be out of gas?  I checked.  It looked low but seemed enough. I kept trying and it never started. I gave up.  Once Dan got home it started right up. Grrr!


Thank goodness for 4-wheel-drive!

No comments: