Thursday, November 01, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Me as an Evil Queen, Nicholas as the Knave of Hearts and Christopher as Luiiiigi. 
Perfect fall weather! 
This is our 9th year in Utah and we've had warm weather on Halloween each year except for one!
The whole Mario crew!
Courtney going on safari! Amazing what she can come up with in 5 minutes!
Marty had a party with friends and Courtney had a party at our house. Christopher went trick-or-treating with his own friends so that left Dan and I with Nick while Courtney manned our door at home.

Mad Hatter, Alice and the Knave of Hearts. The Queen of Hearts wasn't able to come with us!
We took a couple of Nick's friends out with us. We started at 6:00 and I'm pretty sure we were the first ones out! But within 15 minutes the streets got busy!

After 2 blocks Nick was tired of his wig and then his sword. By the end of the night he was just wearing knickers, a black under armor and his cape!

This Halloween I wanted to try to recreate this:

Need I remind anyone that I'm not an artist nor am I too adept at make-up? 
It's still difficult for me to get a straight line when applying eye-liner!

So even though it was tricky and didn't turn out perfect, it was sooo fun!
My supplies:

Step-by-step instructions from Martha Stewart Magazine:

The end result!

I had fun shopping every aisle of Michael's looking for supplies for my crown!
All found at Michael's: 
purple headband that I turned black with tape for cut flowers
Black and Clear jewels I applied with glue gun
Pieces of decorative twigs from Christmas department


Night is over, the evil queen is ready for bed!

No comments: