Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Summer Bucket List Week


We're trying to squeeze all of our summer bucket list to-do's into basically this one week. (Counting a BBQ and swim party with friends last Friday night. You know you're at a new level of friendship when you can say, "if you bring your kids, have them bring friends, because we all know our kids won't be able to think of anything to say to each other, much less hang out together." Which worked great because most people's kids had other plans, including my own.)

Toy Story 4 at the Drive-In last night. I looked back at Nick and his two buddies who were sitting on the LoveSac in the back of the truck and they were all on their phones. Guess they would have preferred to see Spiderman. But what was cute is Nick said, "Is Spiderman showing?" I said, "Yes." And he said, "But you would rather see Toy Story, I guess, so we can see that." What a thoughtful guy!

He submitted his Eagle application yesterday. Yay! And all his merit badges have been sewn on his bandelo. Hip Hip Hooray! Aside from planning his Eagle Court of Honor, my parenting for three boys in scouting is finished!!

Speaking of persistence and dedication, Clara made FOUR baskets today! It took me quite a while to finally make a shot from the free-throw line. But I did it.

No comments: