Saturday, July 27, 2019

Nevarre and Is-a-beau

In memory of Rutger Hauer who died this week, 
Dan agreed to watch Ladyhawke with me.
Nevarre... sigh... 
Isabeau... sigh...
And Matthew Broderick, so dang cute and funny.


Jenny and I watched Ladyhawke maybe... once a month?

Our movie selection was limited in those days if we didn't have a ride or money or want to make the effort to go rent a video at VideoVerns. (We didn't even have Blockbuster in those days I don't think!)
 Jenny's family owned a few and Ladyhawke was top of our list of favorites.

Dan hadn't seen it before!
I remembered every scene, every line and the entire soundtrack.
I kind of want to watch it again.



(I also realized that while Jenny and I were imagining our future husbands to be knights, 
desperately in love, and so happy to be with us they'd deftly lift us in the air and spin us around, 
just like the ending scene of Nevarre and Isabeau,
our future husbands at that time were out racing cars, kissing girls and not thinking one second about losing their hearts to love. 😂😂😂
I don't even want to think about how much effort it would take to hoist me in the air now!)



No comments: