Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Bariloche Day 2


We woke up to a beautiful sunny day! The boy and I decided we'd stay home and relax for a day since waiting in line to ski wasn't appealing. But Courtney and Dan were die-hards hoping the top of the mountains would be open. The Wickhams all went as well. I stayed home and laid in bed and finished my book. I considered going for a walk -- we were staying in a neighborhood on a golf course and I'm sure it was perfectly safe. But my imagination got the best of me and I was a little afraid walking by myself when not many people were around. And I don't need much of an excuse to talk myself into staying home for a day and reading in bed!


After a few hours, everyone came home. In spite of the beautiful day, the winds were high and the resort couldn't open. The winds didn't seem especially stronger than what we have at home. Dan thought it was possible because their lifts were older they weren't equipped to handle the winds.

The good part of everyone coming home early is we had time to go to town and tour around!



Such a cute town overlooking a beautiful lake! Pizza, pasta and salad for lunch and everyone was happy. We walked through the plaza and shopped in several souvenir stores. To top it off, Bariloche is known for its delicious chocolate -- we could see 7 different chocolate shops while we stood on one corner! 



We had just enough time to chocolate shop and buy a few souvenirs and then we headed back to the airport to fly back to Buenos Aires.

While we were at the airport, Dan received a text from Mark Bragg (Elder Bragg -- do we need to call him that now?), and asked he and Kurt to speak at the Buenos Aires West Mission Conference he was presiding at the next day. We were all excited to attend the mission conference and hear Dan and Kurt speak the next morning.









No comments: