Saturday, December 25, 2021

Merry Christmas!

 What a leisurely Christmas morning! 

We agreed to get up for breakfast by 10:00, which was closer to 10:30. 

Sat around the table for waffles, sausage and fruit salad, then moved to the Christmas tree to start on presents after 11:00 I would have never guessed Christmas day could be so relaxing!

Both Lizzie and Michael's families open gifts one at a time like ours, so they are used to the drawn out system of going round, youngest to oldest, opening. I love being able to see what each person gets, the enjoyment of giver and receiver, hugs, laughs, and gratitude. 

First gift was the family gift -- The Stair Slide. 


The boys' stockings included a "Shashibo Cube" which was the biggest hit of Christmas.
Notice how in every picture, the boys have cubes in their hand!
Highly recommend. Santa did a lot of shopping from Instagram ads this year.







Dan has been so excited about my gift for the last two months. 
Throughout November he'd tell me on a daily basis how excited he was that he finally thought of something good and ordered it on time.

A TELESCOPE!! 
I didn't guess ahead of time and was so THRILLED! 
I'd said I wanted to get a nice telescope for Pagosa and Dan remembered.
Such a fantastic surprise!










I also got lots and lots of books! 
The kids each gifted me some of their favorites, Santa put a couple in my stocking
and Erin & Marty sent three books & a puzzle. I couldn't be happier. The only thing better than a new book, is a good book recommendation (and the book accompanying it)! 



Nick also made this sequin pillow from a picture of Dan and I! 
I love that he saw an ad for it and knew we'd love it.






Some people took naps after presents, and unfortunately Lizzie woke up feeling sick and was out of commission the rest of the day. (Residual bug that had circulated through the Rosens during their Florida trip. :-( Marty was a good nurse looking out for her.)

Charcuterie boards with lots and lots of cheese for lunch.
Snacks and treats galore.



Ham and funeral potatoes for dinner. Courtney and Christian and kids joined us. 
(Michael's sister and brother-in-law.) 

More puzzles. More Legos. Games -- draw game, Gnoming Around, and Perpetual Commotion.


And of course the ever-present Shashibo cubes.
Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas Everyone!


No comments: