Friday, November 08, 2019

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

A friend of mine has lost two of her children -- one to suicide and one to an overdose. We were visiting teaching companions when I moved into the ward and I appreciated how she talked with love of her boys and a positive outlook on their salvation. She was open about sharing spiritual experiences she had testifying that this was true.

We haven't spent much time together since we were released as partners, but last week had a chance to catch up at the Elder's Quorum party. She asked me how my children were doing. I said they were all doing great. And added, "Which is great, but it makes it hard to know what to pray for."

She gave me a warm smile and immediately responded, "You say, 'thank you, thank you, thank you.'"

I've been rolling those words around in my brain all week -- not only in my prayers, but throughout the day. Yes. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

No comments: