Thursday, November 14, 2019

Keeping Me Awake

I could not sleep AT ALL last night!
It felt like my legs had electrical charges bouncing through them --
lactic acid? I don't know but I was wide awake. 
I thought the clock said 4:45 so I decided to get up. But then I realized it was only 1:45.
After an hour of tossing and turning, I went upstairs to use the foot massager.
It helps me relax when I can't sleep.

I was needing something to entertain myself, so I clicked on the weekly FamilySearch.org e-mail -- this week's gave links to ancestors living 150 years ago. (Which I'm not really sure what the point was exactly, but I still clicked the link.)

I clicked on my Grandpa's mother, Sophie Denninger to read the memories.
I love reading the story of how she had a dream about a church in a big city and the next day she met a man from our church. She knew this was the church in her dreams and was baptized. 

Also, she followed a prompting to not let her boys go to the circus with the rest of the school. It was World War I,  and that day the circus was bombed and 150 children killed. 
The newspaper article is included in her memories.

Her husband (my grandpa's father) was killed in World War I at the age of 36. 
I noticed he had a photo attached of him at his 80th birthday. And I realized this couldn't be him.

I texted my sister whose daughter had added it (presumably in a Young Women's activity)
to see if she could find the photo and the correct attribution.
Of course it was only 3:30 in the morning at this time, so I wouldn't hear back from her the next day.

The next morning she looked through photos and I looked through photos (remember how I sorted and organized all my photos a year ago!) and I found the following photos of Marge and Grandma visiting my great-grandpa's sister and husband in Germany.

We attached those photos to Family Search. But we also discovered that none of his sisters or brother have children attached to them. The family in the photos are Johann and Klara (Regenscheit) Fink. Marge remembers visiting their children and grandchildren.

So now to figure out who they are and add them to Family Search. 
Born in the early 1900's in Karlsruhe, Germany.
Do you think it was these relatives who woke me up?

Johann and Klara (Regenscheit) Fink, holding photo of my great-grandfather, Arthur Regenscheit (Klara's brother).

My great-grandfather, Arthur Regenscheit. In the right corner is a photo of his brother, Paul.
Both served in World War I for the Germans.

Grandma Regan was so good about marking every photo!
Marge, Grandma and the Finks at their home in Germany.

4 comments:

CarolF said...

Also, if you feel that it was "restless leg syndrome" you could be low on calcium. A couple of Tums may help. I love that you fixed your family history because you were woken up. Beautiful photos.

Angela said...

Hi Carol! I love that you read my blog :-) It was different from restless leg, but I do get that from time to time and I'm glad to know the Tums trick. Do you take a couple of Tums when you're experiencing it and it helps?

CarolF said...

Paul does and it works within minutes!!

CarolF said...

I love your blog!! You could say I am a lurker.😄 But I had to break my silence to give that tip!