Monday, November 04, 2019

Missionary Update

It's fun to see Christopher's face and talk to him in person on Mondays when he calls. But I feel sure we are never going to hear anything about his mission the whole two years he's gone. Here was the only letter he sent on Monday:

We did learn that they had a ward Halloween-Day of the Dead Party on Nov. 1 -- in between Day of the Dead and Halloween. The missionaries did a "horror" room and Chris hid under a table and grabbed the kids' legs who came in. They (the kids and the missionaries) loved it.
They also got to watch Coco, the movie. Aldo told me they got to watch Coco whenever they wanted in their mission too (Spanish speaking California).

Chris gets fed every day for late lunch around 2:00 p.m. He loves all the food -- especially posole. 
While I was talking to Chris, Nick was walking out the door to golf and said, "Order me a club sandwich on sour dough with fries," [when we go to the club for dinner]. Chris' eyes got big. "Oh man, I would love to have a club sandwich right now!! But that's ok, I love tortillas and frijoles. It's all good."

He said he has the nicest apartment and doesn't mind that they don't have hot water. "Because cold showers make your muscles pop."

He loves his district and his ward. Transfers are next week but they always stay with their trainer for 12 weeks, so he's excited about that. 

They teach a lot of discussions and he loves the Plan of Salvation and the Godhead. 
He loves teaching the First Vision and the spirit they feel during that discussion, and his dream is for someone to cry while they're teaching. 

He's got a really good attitude. I'm proud of him. But I really wish I got longer letters.

No comments: