Sunday, November 17, 2019

Ready for Sunday

One thing I like about the alternating church schedule, is that on Sunday School Sundays, I don't have any responsibilities and I look forward to just enjoying meetings, discussing the scriptures with our class and feeling the spirit.

This was the first Sunday in a while that we weren't hosting guests or traveling. I looked forward to a quiet, introspective day reading and writing and nurturing my spirit.

Then we got notice of Nick's Eagle Board of Review at Noon. Which was awesome because Nick is now officially an Eagle! Way to go!


Courtney called to FaceTime while she was making dinner at home. (Red Lobster cheddar rolls -- she needs to buy a box for Dan for Christmas!)  I loved watching her comfortably talk and cook at the same time. I'm not so great at cooking multi-tasking! And while I loved watching her, this is why I don't love FaceTiming... I'm super distracted at my unflattering angle!


We had the Face-to-Face at 4:00, which was longer than we expected. But I'd been looking forward to it and the new information for the youth programs. (I promised Nick I wouldn't post this on social media. But they did say take a photo of you watching. #strivetobe)



So the day wasn't as free as expected, but lovely nonetheless.




No comments: