Monday, July 28, 2008

Echo Tri, Year 2

The Echo Tri was awesome this year! Last year the swim really freaked me out -- read last year's post here -- This year I participated in an open water swim clinic which was really helpful in giving me an opportunity to get comfortable swimming in the lake without the race day adrenaline. I took the whole family up the next week and they kayaked across with me as I swam. It was GREAT! So I was really looking forward to this year's Tri. It was a lot of fun and I was so happy that I actually enjoyed the swim. I beat my time in each event too. Dan is always so great to get up at 5:00 a.m. and drive us the hour to the race. But Bekah even got up as well. Then, Surprise! Mom and Sheree showed up too. Thanks Fam!!! You're the best! Great photos are courtesy of my mom who never goes anywhere without her camera!! Thanks Mom!



1 comment:

Blue said...

wow A! you're truly a marvelous work and a wonder. i'm completely impressed by your achievements. way to go girl! ♥