Saturday, September 05, 2020

Hitting the Town


On Thursday, KT and I hiked a new Millcreek trail (for me) up 
Elbow Fork to the crest before Lamb's Canyon. 

It was steep, but only 1.75 miles one-way so perfect for a quick hike.
It was so nice to be in the mountains and so fun to see a new spot.
From the top, you can see into two different canyons -- one on either side.



Today, Dan and I took a long Saturday ride to City Creek canyon and around to the capitol.

We agreed that it's fun to ride because you can go so far and see so much of the town.
With walking, you only see your neighborhood, and that gets boring.

I was smiling in this photo because we'd only gone 15.5 miles.
Halfway back home I bonked.


Reminded me of a comment Clara made last Tuesday Clara after her hair appointment 
went long into her usual naptime.

On the path to her door she said, "It's taking me all my willpower to just get up the path home."
I said, "I know how that is!"
She said, "No you don't! You're not 94!"

But I do, Clara, I do.

Nick and some friends are doing a private Homecoming next week since the school can't hold dances.
(#Coronavirus2020)
They're asking some girl friends from another school.
Look how cute this is! (And careful handwriting too!)


No comments: