Wednesday, September 02, 2020

First Fall Leaves

Went past the first river today to the 17th switchback.
I didn't leave until 1:00 so it was a very hot hike.
And Kershaw, who was so excited to go, changed his mind about five minutes in.
Every time there was shade, he'd stop and let me go until he couldn't see me anymore and then race to catch up. I actually thought it was very smart of him!

The leaves are starting to change!



I also made up a story to remember the five minute mile markers along the path:
The snakes sit in their cave then do Tai Chi at the grove before hiking the big hill.

Snakes: Snake Seat (20 min from bottom). Where I sat while waiting for the rattlesnake to cross the path. And also where I sat the first day I hiked and met the guy who walks from West Valley.  

Sit: the Tree Bench

Cave: The rock with a small cave

Tai Chi: Tai Chi Tree where I saw the lady doing Tai Chi the first time I hiked.

Grove: where the trail widens for 20 yards and looks like you could camp there.

Big Hill: The big hill to climb five minutes before getting to the 1st river.

No comments: