Monday, June 29, 2020

Swamp Thing

Saturday night when I took Kershaw outside, I realized I lived in an alternate universe where 
a radioactive chemical had been unleashed and turned the insects huge.
Either that, or I was having a very bad dream, because this was the biggest slug I had ever seen.
I didn't know they could get this big. And I'll be honest, I'm completely freaked out that I've OFTEN
walked out to the driveway at night in my BARE FEET!
An inch thick and over six inches long. So glad Nick and Dan were home to see it also!

When Nick and I built the basketball hoop a year or two ago, I looked into this grate...
just out of curiousity... and saw hundreds -- probably millions -- of miniscule worms wriggling around in the swampy water. So now I'm convinced they've all turned into giant slugs looking for opportunities to escape into the world. I won't look though. 
The image of the tiny ones haunts me enough.



No comments: