Thursday, June 11, 2020

Quiet Days

My walk today felt good, but I noticed that I needed to not get my heart rate up too high because breathing was uncomfortable if I did.

Anders got his driver's license and Nick is now experiencing a new Freedom --
 coming and going wherever they please.

Girls came over tonight and I suggested he figure out a plan ahead of time rather than simply "hanging out." They roasted s'mores which he said was helpful to make hanging out more fun.

I've been reading, reading, reading the last few days. 
Remember when I said I needed a book that wasn't about World War II? 
I did not succeed. Three of these books are about the War. The other two about God.


I listened to a podcast with Melinda Wheelwright Brown, a few months ago and was very impressed. 
After reading Brown's book, Eve and Adam, Beverly Campbell's, Eve and the Choice Made in Eden, is still my favorite. It's more profound. 
But I LOVED learning this from Eve and Adam. Worth owning the book:

"the -im suffix added to certain Hebrew words is generally meant to indicate a plurality...
...'Elohim' ought to be plural all the way through -- Gods.
...It makes beautiful sense that the most sacred name with which we address our Father in Heaven is Elohim. ...perhaps the name Elohim represents our Heavenly PARENTS."


Nick planned his quorum activity Wednesday night. A small group came over to play corn hole and spike ball (and climb in the climbing wall.) 
Lizzie and Marty were over and we read, ordered CPK,
and watched Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.

Thursday I read some more, but later binge-watched Jane the Virgin. 
Totally loving the Latino main characters and that so much is in Spanish.
The family dynamics are pretty sweet and season 2 has even more laughs and is so relatable 
as she figures out mothering.

No comments: