Friday, June 12, 2020

June 12

This was a fun place to work today. Obvs I need to get better at creating ambiance and open the pool.



The Lake Poweller's got home late last night. They were all happy, exhausted and had so much fun.
Dan has a lot of "Jane the Virgin" (tv) to catch up on now that he's back!

Oh, and happy First Date Anniversary to Dan and me! 31 years ago he made me dinner (a bbq at his neighbor's apartment), we went swimming after (he liked that I dove in and wasn't fussy about getting my hair wet), then back to his place to watch Rebel Without a Cause because he couldn't believe I'd never seen it (honestly, it was kind of boring). Finally, he made me breakfast at midnight. And then we kissed. Neither of us was in any rush for me to go home, and so I didn't.

I wondered if he'd ever ask me out again. But we ended up spending every day together the rest of the  term. I convinced my parents I should stay for summer term as well and skip the family vacation (my mom was totally on board -- I think she had mother's intuition that this was super important)! And Dan and I spent the rest of the summer together. James showed up so we became a threesome, riding around in Dan's big blue car -- Dan driving, me in the middle of the bench seat, and James on the other side.

And that's how it all began. My very own fairy tale.

No comments: