Wednesday, October 09, 2024

There is Beauty All Around

This morning I biked my regular loop listening to the most inspirational podcast with Communications expert, Matt Townsend, diving into the Savior coming to the Americas in 3rd Ne. 17 and how we can follow his example by reading signals to care for the people we love.

(One example: The Savior is teaching from Isaiah and then perceives the people are weak.
Think tired and overwhelmed from all the information and unable to take in more.
He's on his father's errand and has more he needs to teach.
But he doesn't force it on them. Instead he sees their exhaustion and says he'll come back the next day.
But they don't want him to leave. 
What does he do? He doesn't continue preaching, he starts ministering.
Healing their sick, allowing him to come to him one-by-one.
He makes time to love.)

Jenny, Carol and I went to the Taylorsville temple this afternoon
and I'm so loving the shorter endowment session.
Also, attending with friends that I love is the best.

A meeting with our designer, Jason,
and then finally a moment to breathe.
(And coordinate details for the carpenters and painters to finish repairing our sunroom ceiling.)

I got a surprise visit from Sheree this evening
when she came over to exchange a beautiful bouquet of flowers from her amazing cutting garden
for a fistful of a flowering plant she wanted from my yard that she can't find anywhere else.

I took her next door to visit the neighbor's cutting garden,
and it was so fun to be with Sheree because she knows all the color names and varieties,
how to care for them and really gets excited about it all.



We talked until after dark and I had to hold my flashlight so she could
shovel up her cutting that had such strong roots she had to manhandle 
the bush to get it to let go. She's so strong, I wasn't worried at all that she'd give up.

And the Dodgers won, taking the series to Game 5!
I'm pretty sure it's because I wore my Dodgers shirt today.

No comments: